Get Back on Track With Your 2018 Resolutions

Get Back on Track With Your 2018 Resolutions

Tuesday, 6 February 2018Get back on track this month! Let’s check in on those New Year’s Resolutions. My resolution this year is to stop drinking soda. I didn’t do as well as I wanted this month, but I still made a major improvement. I may not have completely stopped drinking soda this month, but I went from drinking soda EVERYDAY to going 19 days last month without soda. Part of my issue was that I didn’t plan for what I would do when those soda cravings and caffeine withdraws came. I’ve evaluated my progress for the last month and know that I need to make a few more changes if I really want to eliminate soda. Here are some tips that I’ll be using, and you can also use to ensure that the rest of the year goes a little smoother!  
  1. Don’t beat yourself up! – If you didn’t do as well as you had hoped you would, that’s ok. You are human, and every day is a new day. Pick yourself back up and start again!
  2. Check-in and Reevaluate your goals monthly – Did you fall off the wagon because of lack of willpower, or were your goals too unrealistic? Sit down and evaluate the past month to see where the issues were. If it was too hefty of a goal, break it down. If you didn’t have the drive, try thinking of a way to reward yourself when you do well.
  3. Create an action plan with steps- If you’ve evaluated and concluded that you need to adjust your goal, try creating a SMARTER goal. SMARTER stands for:
  • Specific- Clearly identify what you hope to achieve. Specific goals have a much greater chance of being achieved than broad goals. Can your goal be broken down into smaller goals? If your goal is to “eat healthier,” you probably won’t make it far because your goal is too broad. If your goal is to “eat three servings of fruit each day,” you are much more likely to accomplish your goal.
  • Measurable– Be sure to identify concrete criteria for measuring progress. How much? How many? When will I know when my goal is complete?
  • Action-Oriented– Create a plan of action on how you are going to reach your goal. Have steps in place on what to do if you feel like going back to your old habits.
  • Realistic– Is your goal consistent with other goals you have, and do they fit with your long and short-term plans? Make sure your goal is realistic for your current circumstances.
  • Time-Based– Give yourself a timeline! Ensure you have deadlines and try your hardest to stick to them.
  • Enthusiasm– Approach your goals with an open mind and positivity. Know your reason for making the goal in the first place. Evaluate and reevaluate regularly.
  • Rewarding– Reward yourself for every major milestone and encourage yourself to stay focused.
  1. Find an accountability partner- An accountability partner is so beneficial when it comes to reaching goals. Find someone with a similar goal and be there for each other.
  2. Don’t give up- Even if you don’t get the results you want, look at the positives, rework your goal, and try again. Slow progress is still progress.
  3. Celebrate! – Every time you reach a milestone share your progress and celebrate!

Comments



  1. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment